The Big Give Christmas Challenge 2022
WYC is taking on The Big Give Christmas challenge!
This year, WYC is participating in The Big Give Christmas Challenge which is the UK’s biggest match funding campaign. Donations made during the event are doubled by matching them with monies already pledged by supporters. Additional funds can also come from a Big Give Champion which further increases the giving fund. The more Pledges we have the more likely we will attract the support of a Charity Champion.
The first step in taking on this challenge is to ask supporters to become Pledgers. Our goal is to secure £2500 in pledges. The minimum pledge permitted by The Big Give is £100 which we appreciate is a large sum but Pledges are the key to the campaigns success.
Pledgers’ funds are key in 2 ways:
- Other supporters are more likely to contribute to WYC during the 7 days of The Big Give if they know that their donation will be matched by a Pledger. One pledge, twice the impact. Conversely, donors may look elsewhere if they see their donation will not be doubled.
- If we secure sufficient pledges then we may be chosen by a Big Give Champion who will contribute even more to the pot.
To become a pledger, please complete the Big Give’s online form (link below) by 23:59 on the 2nd September 2022.
MAKE A PLEDGE TO WYC
How it works
The Big Give: Key Information
- This year’s Big Give Christmas Challenge will take place from Tuesday 29th November (midday) – Tuesday 6th December (midday).
- Deadline for pledges is 23:59 on the 2nd September 2022.
- A Pledge is a promise of match funding made to a Charity. The Pledge is conditional on the Charity receiving the equivalent amount in online donations on The Big Give Platform – e.g. if you Pledge £100, you are offering to pay up to that amount to a Charity, dependent on them receiving the equivalent amount in Online Donations. You will not be asked to contribute more than your pledged amount.
- A Pledge must not fulfilled (i.e. paid to the Charity) until after the Match Funding Campaign has finished and before the Pledge deadline i.e. no earlier than 5pm on 6 December 2022 and no later than noon on 14 January 2023.
- Pledgers should not make an online donation to the Charity to which they have provided the Pledge during the Match Funding Campaign.
For more information and on how The Big Give Christmas Challenge works, visit: www.thebiggive.org.uk/s/christmas-challenge