The need for youth mental health services are at an all time high.
There is a youth mental health crisis. More young people are struggling with their mental health than ever before, and statutory mental health services cannot keep up with the demand. The number of children in contact with Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) has increased fourfold since April 2016. (British Medical Association, 2023).
- In the UK, one in six children has a probable mental health condition, a huge increase from one in nine in 2017. That’s five children in every classroom! (ONS, 2021).
- In England, one in five children are refusing school (Department of Education, 2023).
- The number of children and young people in contact with mental health services since 2016 has expanded at four times the pace of the psychiatry workforce (British Medical Association, 2023).
Winchester Youth Counselling can help more young people with your support
- This is where Winchester Youth Counselling can step in. We can provide both clinical early intervention and longer-term mental health support to children and young people, when there is nowhere else to turn.
- In addition to the skills and experience we mention above, we also have a team with a wide range of skills, lived experience and qualifications to be able to provide high-quality, impactful support to the children and young people in our area.