Winchester Youth Counselling
One-to-one youth counselling is offered free of charge to children and young people looking for our help.
We are currently accepting new referrals for youth counselling, but there is a waiting list. Please complete the referral enquiry form and we will be in touch with you very shortly.
An Initial Chat
An initial consultation may take up to 4-6 weeks and after that there may be an additional waiting time of approximately 4-6 months depending on your availability.
If you would like additional support during this period, and you are aged 11-16, you may be able to join our weekly Nature Therapy group on a Thursday afternoon.
To be eligible for youth counselling, you must be:
- Aged 11-25
- Available for daytime counselling sessions on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays
- Committed to attending weekly appointments
- Making the personal choice to come to counselling – it needs to be your idea to come for help and not someone else’s.
Please note that we cannot offer late afternoon or early evening appointments, and we are not currently open on Fridays or weekends.
When you refer yourself or a young person for youth counselling, please state your/their availability for counselling sessions.
In the Meantime
Please find below some additional helpful resources.
- Kooth offers free, safe, and anonymous mental wellbeing support: www.kooth.com
- Useful links on self-help:
- If you need more urgent support, please contact your GP, NHS 111 or one of the following services: